Friday, November 27, 2009

Man - on being thankful

I had the nicest thanksgiving in a long time yesterday. My wife was actually off work and after a bit of schedule manipulation, we were able to go to my Grandmother’s house for lunch.
It’s been some time since I was able to see my Grandmother and even longer that I haven’t had somewhere I had to rush off to afterwards. With me being able to truly relax, I was really able to sit back and enjoy the company of my family.

Since I had an old-fashioned Thanksgiving get together, I thought I would continue on that note and make my old-fashioned list of things I am thankful for.

Bobby’s thanksgiving list:
1. My wife – For over 13 years, we have been through her 2 broken arms, more kidney stones than I ever wanted, medical problems, loss of loved ones and lots of growing up.
2. My child – I truly understand how lucky I am to have a happy and healthy kid.
3. My extended family – No matter how long I am pulled away from them, when the laughter starts rolling, it is like we haven’t been apart.
4. My friends – those that are there for me and let me learn how to be there for them
5. My job – I always knew I would ‘do something with computers’ but now I know how many horrible jobs happen to deal with them these days. I am thrilled with where I work and am proud of the job I do there.
6. Patience and trust – both given and received
7. Our protectors in the military and also their families
8. My shoulder-angels – The little Bobby in the devil suit helps me remember how fun life is but hallowed Bobby on my other shoulder reminds me to keep that fun clean.

To everyone I hold dear: Thank you for everything you do. I wish you peace, love, tears of joy and the kindness of strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can use some HTML tags including link tags.