Monday, November 23, 2009

Man - on "dad's night out"

I promised to write more about my “dad’s night out” and here it is.

It has been quite a while since I tried hanging out with the guys and the last time, all of the suggestions would have required me to have a large stack of dollar bills. I have never understood going to those bars. To me it seems like shopping at an electronics store with no money in my pocket. Frustrates the crud out of me and I can get that frustrated for free.

I was relieved when we set the first dad’s night at Buffalo Wild Wings. I had never been there before and the food was great. Four of us got together initially with one joining later and it was just plain comfortable from the start. It was really quite cool being with the guys that went. I think we all are past the age where we have to put on the guy face and the range of topics really surprised me.

Don’t get me wrong, we did talk about usual guy things but also up for discussion were things like viewpoints on parenting, how we felt when our wives were pregnant and what it was like when we got the “honey its time” call.

My wife and I have been really blessed with the group of parents we have met since our kid started school and these guys were definite examples of that. I suggested we do bi-weekly which I am really hoping we pick up after the holidays because I had the best time I have had in a while.

Wonderful time that I hope repeats soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can use some HTML tags including link tags.